Will competitive programming success help me get a programming job?
Related Quora questions
- Can joining sites like Top Coder, Codechef, Codeforce and getting good ranks increase our chance to get jobs in companies like Google, Facebook etc..?
- Do Google, Facebook, and other big companies hire on the basis of CodeChef/TopCoder ratings?
- Is having a nice rank on HackerRank enough to enter Google?
- What is the importance of problem solving contests for landing an interview and a job at Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc.?
- Do I have a chance to get a job in Silicon Valley if I participate in ACM ICPC Regionals?
- Will I get an interview call from companies like Google, Microsoft, Directi, Flipkart, Amazon if I perform well in ACM ICPC?
- Is it important to participate in competitive programming to get a high-paying job?
This question asks about the relationship between doing well in competitive programming, and getting hired as a software developer. It isn't about whether competitive programming helps someone succeed at a software development job once they are hired.
Questions like these also belong on this page (see CPFAQ: Merging Questions):
- Can joining a competitive programming site and getting a good rank increase my chance of getting a job at a top software company?
- Do top software companies hire on the basis of competitive programming ratings?
- Will having a good rank on a competitive programming site help me get a job at a top software company?
- What role does competitive programming experience play in getting an interview and a job at a top software company?