Why is (group) good/bad at competitive programming?
Related Quora questions
- What lacks in Indian coders that they couldn't perform as good as Russian, Chinese and American teams in ACM ICPC World Finals?
- Can an Indian team ever get a gold medal at the ACM-ICPC? If yes, then how?
- Aren't the outdated programming languages taught in Indian schools a disadvantage for programmers?
- Why are there so many top coders from Russia?
- Why are students of IIT Bombay not able to grab a medal in ACM ICPC?
- How do you see IITD securing a 112 rank among 140 teams in the ACM ICPC World Finals 2015?
- Why do students from Saint Petersburg State University ITMO perform exceptionally well in ACM-ICPC? What are the trainings? Is their academic curriculum optimized for competitive programming?
- Why were there no American competitors at the finals of the 2013 Facebook Hacker Cup?
- How does Russia keep producing such top class TopCoders? Russia has a population of about 1/10th of India or China but has lots and lots of red coders.
- In terms of programmer quality, do you agree that China ranks 1st globally while India ranks 31st?
- Why does India have no red coders on Topcoder or Codeforces?
- How does Harvard frequently perform extremely well (beating MIT and Stanford) at competitive programming contests even though it's strong suit is not CS?
This question is asking what the members of a group (from a country, school, company, etc.) do to increase or decrease their chances of competitive programming success, or what about their situation affects their chances.