How do I get started with competitive programming?
This question is targeted at people who don't yet have any experience with competitive programming.
Related Quora questions
- What is the best way to start solving problems in sites like Topcoder, SPOJ etc.? What are the prerequisites before one can attempt such questions?
- How should a newbie practice on CodeForces?
- How do I start competitive programming? I have been working in software industry from 2.5 years, but I haven't got my hands dirty with DS and Algos.
- How do I become a blue level coder in 6 months if I have not done competitive programming at all?
- How does one start with TopCoder?
- What should be the blueprint that a beginner in competitive programming should follow?
- How can I start competitive programming if at current i don't know anything about programming?
- How do I start competing in ACM ICPC?
- How do I prepare for competitive programming starting from basic algorithms?
- How do I solve coding problems on websites like HackerRank and HackerEarth?
- What is the process for a normal student to start from very basic coding to high level coding so I that I can solve problems from CodeChef TopCoder etc?
- How do I start preparing for aptitude and competitive coding in order to get placed in a good company?
- How do I start preparing for competitive coding? Where exactly should we start preparing for this?
- Can a person who has no knowledge about computer languages or programming in class 12th learn enough in college to participate in competitive programming competitions?
- Where should one start with to build a strong base for competitive programming?
- How should one prepare for coding competitions from scratch who has just basic knowledge of programming in C and C++?
This question is about getting started with competitive programming in general, or getting started with a specific online judge/contest. The FAQ has separate questions about getting better, for people who already have some experience. If a question mentions an online judge in the context of getting started on that online judge, then it belongs in this category. Otherwise, it belongs in FAQs about online judges.